Communications Minister Adebayo Shittu has said a campaign office for President Muhammadu Buhari will open January 20 though Buhari has yet to make up him mind to contest the 2019 election.
Shittu said this in an interview with State House correspondents after a meeting he had with Buhari at the Presidential Villa on Wednesday.
He also hinted that Buhari’s ardent supporters will prevail on him to seek re-election.
According to him, they would help Buhari to make up his mind so that Nigeria could continue to enjoy stability and progress.
“If you have a child who goes to a primary school and he does well; he proceeds to a secondary school and he does well. Do you keep asking if he will be going to university?”Shittu said.
“By the grace of God, we, his (Buhari’s) ardent supporters who appreciate his worth on behalf of millions of Nigerians, would urge him to re-contest.”
Obviously, Shittu ranks well among the eager-beavers rooting for another term for Buhari who is uncertain of his future.
The minister has already appointed a national chairman for the Board of Trustees of Muhammadu Buhari/Osinbajo Dynamic Support Group.
He, however, did not disclose the identity of the chairman.
The South West Zonal Office of the Buhari/Osinbajo Campaign Organisation would be inaugurated on January 20.
Has the 2019 campaign begun?
Rather than answer, the ministers kept rambling about Buhari’s achievement.
“Every day, since Buhari came into office, all his activities are geared towards letting Nigerians know that they have a saviour, a rescuer, somebody who is committed to providing relief for Nigerians in all respects,” he said.
Kaduna Gov. Nasir El-Rufai said last year that a group, The Buharists, comprising governors and ministers are also waiting to swing into action for Buhari’s re-election in 2019.