iPhone charger electrocutes teenage girl to death

0
1147
By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
A teenage girl has tragically died after her faulty iPhone charger cable electrocuted her in her sleep.
Police in the Hoan Kiem district of Vietnamese capital Hanoi said they found the burnt white cable on the 14-year-old’s bed and believe a slight tear in the rubber casing may have revealed the live wires inside.
The schoolgirl, named in reports as Le Thi Xoan, was found unconscious by her parents and rushed to a local hospital.
However, doctors were unable to revive her and pronounced her dead, while medics also confirmed electrocution as the cause of death.
According to investigators, the police believe the girl had plugged her Apple device into charge and laid the iPhone 6 on her bed like she did every night.
They said the teenager likely rolled onto the iPhone’s charging cable, which had tears in it and electrocuted her with the current.
The charging cable is being inspected but the authorities said they are yet to determine whether it was the original Apple wire or a third-party device.
In a picture showing the burnt accessory, it appears to be shorter than Apple’s original 20-inch charging cable.
See-through tape had also been wrapped around the front of the cable, suggesting that the victim may have been aware of the wear and tear but decided to continue using it regardless.

Leave a comment

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY