The mother of Lagos businessman Jimoh Ibrahim said to have been burnt to death in a fire incident reported earlier today actually died as a result of family mismanagement.
The last son of the late Theresa Jimoh, stated this in a press release on Sunday.
The statement read, “Dipo Jimoh (last born and the closest son of the late mother — Mrs. Theresa Jimoh), who recently graduated from Columbia University and the MD/CEO of Barama Energy Resources, has denounced the root cause of his mother’s death as a result of candle fire and also that her remains were deposited in a morgue by Lagos State Emergency Management Agency.
“Dipo has promised to face any heavyweight individual or group who plans to misinterpret or confuse the populace about the root cause of his mother’s death.
“My mother died as a result of family complications and mismanagement.”
He, however, said he would release a detailed statement later
The 76-year-ild was said to have left a candle burning as she dozed off during her prayers, leading to a conflagration that reportedly burnt her to death.
Her remains were reportedly deposited in a morgue after the intervention of firefighters from the Lagos State Fire Service.