It was a miraculous working God at His best when he saved the lives of a Nigerian woman, Precious Enyioko, and her three children who were trapped on the fourth floor of their burning apartment in Pyeongtaek, South Korea, as they jumped from the building and survived without injuries.
According to CNN, the 30-year-old Enyioko, had drawn the attention of onlookers and men of the United States Air Force who had rushed to the scene, by dangling her one-year-old baby through the window.
The airmen corralled others to help hold blankets, and then tried to persuade the mother to drop her children to safety.
As the Airmen and the others persuaded her to drop the baby, Enyioko was said to have reluctantly let go of the child.
The reports had it that after Enyioko succeeded in throwing her infant baby, she threw the two other children, aged four and three respectively, and then jumped to safety.
United States Air Force Master Sergeant, Daniel Raimondo, told CNN he was walking to dinner at the weekend when he saw clouds of smoke and set off in that direction.
Raimondo said the woman was understandably reluctant to let go of her children but after a lot of persuasion, she took the step that saved them from certain death.
“You could tell she was scared. She didn’t want to. The last baby was the most difficult in my eyes, she just wouldn’t let her go for some reason. I repeatedly begged her to throw the baby.
I kept saying: ‘Please just throw the baby down! I remember her screaming (at) the baby, I love you, I love you. Next thing you know she dropped the baby.
By this time the mother had to jump, the smoke and the fire was just horrendous. You could barely even see her at that point. The woman fell more heavily than the children and hit the ground beneath the blanket, but someone had had the foresight to put cushions underneath it.
We carried her into a safe location into a salon. I just kept yelling and talking to her, ‘You’re alive! You’re alive!’. She flew like Supergirl.
I sat with the first child to be rescued and held her while her mother, suffering from smoke inhalation, sat in shock. I let her know that she was very brave and she flew like Supergirl. She just smiled. It was an emotional experience. The good news is they made it through alive.”