Kenya handed Kanu to Nigeria after 8 days, with cardiac complications

Spread the love

Kenya still disputes it, but detained IPOB leader Nnmadi Kanu has told his lawyers he was detained and worked on for eight days by the Kenyan Special Forces before he was later handed over to Nigeria in bad health.

IPOB lawyer said this on Twitter Friday.

“My client, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, was actually abducted by the accursed Kenya’s Special Police Force on the 18th of June 2021 at their International Airport, and consequently taken to an undisclosed residence under dehumanising conditions.

“He was tortured and subjected to all forms of inhuman treatment which worsened his health condition. He was illegally detained for eight good days in Kenya before being transferred to their Nigerian counterpart.

“He was purportedly investigated on a bogus charge while in their custody, ostensibly awaiting to be handed over after their findings proved him innocent of all the spurious allegations. They later beckoned on their Nigerian counterpart to take over.

According to him, a scan showed his heart had widened by 13 per cent as a result of how he was handled by the Kenyan government.

“There will be a need for immediate proper medical examination and attention for him,” he added.

Meanwhile, Kenya has denied involvement in the arrest and extradition of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The Kenyan High Commissioner to Nigeria, Amb. Wilfred Machage, who expressed displeasure over reports that Kanu was arrested in his country, asked Nigerians to ask the Federal Government how the IPOB leader was arrested.

”I wish to categorically state that we are not happy at this ridiculous attempt of dragging the name of Kenya and President Uhuru Kenyatta in this matter of arrest and extradition of the self-proclaimed IPOB leader,” he said.

The leader of the outlawed separatist group was bundled into Nigeria on Sunday after two years on the flight from his treason trial in Nigeria.