Agribusiness

Bernardo Silva: Playing for Real Madrid ‘not for everyone’

Published

on

Bernardo Silva has said playing for Real Madrid “is not for everyone” after being officially presented by the 15-time European champions on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Portugal international joined Real Madrid from Manchester City at the end of his contract this summer and expressed his pride at becoming a player of the Spanish giants.

READ ALSO: FULL LIST: Top 10 biggest-spending promoted teams in EPL history

Silva stated that playing for a club with such a rich Champions League history was a special opportunity.

“I’ve already played quite a few times at the Bernabeu, when you arrive and see the 15 Champions League titles they display there, it’s very imposing, and having them here is very special,” Silva told Real Madrid TV.

“Playing for a club that has 15 Champions League titles is not for everyone, so I’m very proud, and now I’ll give everything for this club.”

Silva’s move to Madrid comes shortly after his former Manchester City teammate Rodri joined Barcelona on Tuesday.

Rodri had previously been linked with Real Madrid, with new Los Blancos manager José Mourinho revealing that he had spoken to the Spanish midfielder earlier in the summer.

“I spoke with him a couple of times, and Real Madrid made him a very good offer,” Mourinho told Spanish television programme El Chiringuito.

“Rodri had doubts… and the doubts of Rodri created doubts for me.

“He’s an extraordinary player and was very professional with us; nothing negative to say. But Real Madrid is a club of a stature that can’t have players who think twice about it.”

Silva will now begin a new chapter at the Santiago Bernabéu, where he is expected to play a key role as Mourinho begins his first season back in charge of the Spanish giants.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending

Copyright © 2024 Nationaldailyng