Covid-19
Good news as Lagos discharges more COVID-19 patients
Governor of Lagos state, Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Friday said another ten additional patients receiving treatment for COVID-19 in the state have been discharged.
According to the governor, among the discharged patients are two Indians and one Filipino, noting that the ten recovered patients comprises three females and seven males.
“Even with the number of cases rising, we are happy to celebrate our success stories because they show that a positive #COVID19 case isn’t necessarily a case of doom and gloom,” he wrote.
“Today, 10 patients; 3 females & 7 males including 3 foreigners have been discharged from our facilities.”
With the development, the state has discharged a total of 117 patients.
Lagos currently has 582 COVID-19 cases, the highest number out of Nigeria’s total of 981 cases.
Earlier this week, Akin Abayomi, commissioner for health, had said the state would embark on active case search since there was now evidences of community-based transmission.
“We’re hoping to run at least two to three thousand tests in the coming week as we embark on the active case search in the community; of course, as we test more we’re likely to see more positivity,” he had said.
“We already know that the virus is circulating in the community, and the more we look for it, the more we will find but that is in keeping with our strategy.”
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured4 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured4 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


