Crime
Abducted lecturers, students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic regain freedom
Abducted lecturers and students of Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria, Kaduna, have regained freedom, an official said on Friday.
The institution’s Public Relations Officer, Malam Abdullahi Shehu, made the disclosure in Zaria in an interview.
Shehu said that the two lecturers and six students regained freedom on Thursday night and had been reunited with their families after spending 31-day in captivity.
The National Daily reports that some gunmen attacked the polytechnic on June 10 and took away some lecturers and students.
The incident led to the death of one student while some others sustained injuries.
Shehu declined to comment on payment of ransom for the release of the lecturers and students but said that their families dialogued with their kidnappers before their release.
He advised students to be security conscious and avoid moving at night.
He assured students and the general public of improved security in the institution.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business4 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Featured5 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?

