Crime
Gunmen kill 4, abduct 50 others in Zamfara – Police
The Police Command in Zamfara on Monday, confirmed that gunmen killed four persons and abducted 50 others in Goran Namaye town in Maradun Local Government Area.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Muhammad Shehu, made the disclosure to newsmen in Gusau on Monday.
Shehu said the attackers, who came in large number, invaded the town around midnight on Sunday, killed four persons and abducted 50 others.
He, however, said that the police tactical operatives had been deployed to the area.
According to him, CP Yakubu Elkana, has ordered immediate search and rescue operation for the victims.
The PPRO said that the CP had urged the residents of the area to remain calm as the command was working with other security agencies to maintain law and order in the area.
-
Football7 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


