Featured
Industrial court reinforces restraining order against CCT
The National Industrial Court has reinforced its order restraining the Code of Conduct Tribunal from proceeding with the trial of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen.
Onnoghen is facing six charges of false assets declaration filed against him by the Code of Conduct Bureau.
The NIC had earlier on January 15 restrained the CCT from proceeding with the trial before adjourning till January 22 for the hearing of motion on notice.
At the report resumed sitting on Monday, the NIC renewed its restraining order against the CCT.
The reinforcement of the order followed an exparte application moved by the claimant’s counsel, James Igwe (SAN) who said there was difficulty in serving the CCT Chairman, Justice Danladi Umar, the court’s papers personally.
The only defendant at the hearing on Monday was the National Judicial Council represented by Dr. Garba Tetengi (SAN).
-
Latest3 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest3 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Featured4 days agoWike dismisses political speculation over meeting with APC Chairman Yilwatda
-
Latest7 days agoWike loyalists dominate As APC clears 33 aspirants for Rivers Assembly primaries, 65 disqualified

