Latest
364,265 PVCs abandoned in Ondo
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says 364,265 Permanent Voter’s Cards (PVCs) were still unclaimed in Ondo state.
INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) in the state, Mr Rufus Akeju made this known while briefing newsmen on Monday in Akure.
Akeju explained that 1,372,158 out of the 1,736,423, registered voters in the state had been issued with their PVCs.
“We still have 364,265 PVC yet to be collected by their rightful owners,’’ he said.
Akeju said INEC would display voters’ register across the state from Nov. 6 to Nov. 12 for claims and objections.
“The commission has fixed Nov. 6 to Nov. 12 for the display of voters’ register for people to inspect for the necessary claim in terms of wrongly spelt name, incorrect age and address,” he said.
Akeju said the action is in line with the provisions of section 19 of the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.
He said voters are expected to visit polling units where they registered to check the details of their registration and complain if there is any misrepresentation in the displayed register against their names.
According to him, voters are expected to raise objections to the inclusion of names of persons who are dead but are still in the displayed register and others who are not supposed to be in the register.
“Members of the public should also note that the exercise is not another registration of voters but an exercise to correct errors that may be discovered in the register,” he said.
-
Business1 week agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo
-
Business6 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Latest1 week agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business7 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Business6 days agoDangote Refinery sues FG over petrol import licences in downstream market showdown
-
Energy7 days agoRising global oil tensions raise fresh fears over Nigeria’s fuel prices

