Featured
Anambra: Buhari disowns Malami before Obiano
Anambra Willie Obiano has revealed the threat of emergency declaration in the state didn’t originate from President Muhammadu Buhari.
Obiano said this Wednesday while speaking with state house correspondents after meeting with president in the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
He described the threat as unfortunate, and wondered why the minister had not contemplated the imposition of emergency rule in states where there had been a lot of killings.
“I also reported that to the President and this is not in the books of the President because he knows that Anambra has been the safest state in Nigeria for seven years plus,” he said.
Obiano said he would still call Malami to challenge him concerning the threat.
-
Business7 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Latest1 week agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business5 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues7 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo
-
Business6 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector

