Crime
Over 50 children kidnapped, held inside church bunker in Ondo
No fewer than 50 kids have been found in the bunker of a church in the Valentino Area of Ondo town, headquarters of Ondo West Local Government Area of Ondo State, according to a trending video.
The kids were allegedly kidnapped and held there before they were rescued on Friday.
Sources said the pastor and other leaders of the church have been detained by the police, and the kids have been driven to the police station by security operatives in a patrol car.
“There are kidnapped children recovered in the underground cell of a church in Valentino Area of Ondo,” in a video that lasts one minute and 40 seconds.
Ondo police spokesman SP Funmilayo Odunlami, confirmed that the victims had been brought to the police headquarters in Akure.
“They are transporting the casualties to the headquarters, but I’m still unsure of the specifics,” she said.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business2 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Featured5 days agoWike dismisses political speculation over meeting with APC Chairman Yilwatda

