Latest
Breaking: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped
A three-storey building under construction on Akanbistreet in Yaba area of Lagos state has reportedly collapsed on Saturday.
So far, only a 16-year-old boy and another adult male have come out of the rubble while there is an unconfirmed number still trapped in the collapsed building.
A resident of number 29, Lawani Street, a street off the scene of the incident said her car was affected last year, when a section of the building collapsed, however, construction continued despite the police being called in.
It wasn’t clear yet the actual number of casualties but many people working at the site are believed to have been trapped when the building calved.
Eyewitness said the Lagos state Emergency Management Agency Response Unit had been called to the scene.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

