President Muhammadu Buhari has nominated his Special Assistant on social media, Lauretta Onochie, as substantive chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), including other board members.
President Buhari in a letter sent to the Senate, requested the screening and confirmation of the nominees for the appointments into the NDDC board.
Senate President Ahmad Lawan reading the letter at the Wednesday plenary, said that Buhari’s decision to send another list of nominees for confirmation was because there was a flaw in the previous compilation.
The list of nominees for the NDDC board inc:
- Chairman – Laureta Ifeanyi Onochie (Delta, South-South)
- Dimgba Erugba State representative (Abia, South-East)
- Dr Ene Wilcox (Akwa Ibom, State Representative, South-South)
- Dr Pius Odudu (Edo, South-South)
- Hon.Gbenga Odegba (Ondo, South-West)
- Engr. Anthony Ekene (Imo, South-East)
- Onyekachi Dimgba (Rivers, South-South)
- Alhaji Mohammed Kabiru Abubakar (Zonal Representative, Nasarawa)
- Professor Tallen Mamma, SAN (North-East Representative, Adamawa)
- Sodique Sani (North-West, Zonal Representative)
- Chief Dr. Samuel Ibukun (MD)
- General Charles Ehigie Airhiavbere (Rtd) (Executive of Finance)
- Charles Ogunmola (Executive Director Project, South West)