Featured
Christianity crackdown: How Kim send death squads to hunt down believers
North Korea Christians will be hunted and shot on sight if they are found celebrating their faith around Christmas, one survivor has revealed.
In North Korea, any faith beyond worshipping the Kim dynasty is banned in the country, thus forcing Christians to go underground to maintain their faith. December 24 is a day meant to celebrate Kim Jong-suk, the wife of the first Supreme Leader of North Korea, Kim Il-sung. Speaking to Express.co.uk, Timothy Cho, an escapee from the state, revealed any Christian discovered practising their faith, will be shot on sight by Kim’s death squads.
Mr Cho, who now works for Open Doors, a charity who help support persecuted Christians, said: “I’m sure they will be hunted down.
“That is in no doubt.
“Kim’s regime will be urging the people to show their complete loyalty to the Kim family.
“Within this time, if anyone is arrested for secretly celebrating Christmas, they could be killed straight away.
“They still need authority for public executions, but the only ones where they don’t need that is for Christians or political prisoners in prison camps.
“If they are not celebrating Kim’s wife, it is inevitable what the consequences will be if they are discovered.”
Mr Cho also claimed the birth of Kim Jong-il has been mythologised to replicate the birth of Christ.
North Korea is at the top of Open Doors’ Christian persecution watchlist.
It is estimated 400,000 Christians are in the country but must remain hidden from the deadly regime.
However, many Christians have been sent to barbaric prisons and labour camps due to their faith.
The charity estimates approximately, 50-70,000 Christians in the country are currently in prison camps.
The hermit state is currently isolated from the rest of the world due to the Covid pandemic.
North Korea also suffered devastating floods last summer and is on the brink of famine.
Such is the low food supply in the state, Mr Cho previously told reporters that he fears another natural disaster could “blow the country” away.
He suggests deaths could surge past the estimated three million people who died during the ‘Arduous March’ – a period of mass starvation in North Korea between 1994 and 1998.
He said: “If we see another major disaster, it will blow the country away.
“It will be worse than the Arduous March.
“There will be no way they can survive.
“The only way they could survive is if they would stop spending money on nuclear development.”
-
Featured7 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Latest7 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Featured7 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Business1 week agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest7 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: 10 LGAs that could decide the governorship election
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Decides: Security tightened as millions prepare to choose next governor


