Featured
Last day accident claims lives in Lagos
The Federal Road Safety Corps has said that five persons died and 13 others injured in an accident that occurred on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Sunday.Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, Mr. Clement Oladele, told the News Agency of Nigeria in an interview in Ota, Ogun, that the accident occurred at Wazobia, at about 9.00 a.m.
Oladele said two vehicles and 18 persons were involved in the accident that resulted in the death of five persons, while 13 others sustained various degrees of injurifractured es.
The sector commander explained that a commercial bus with registration number MGD 129 ZF coming from Ibadan to Lagos lost control and veered off the road and collided with a trailer with registration number DDA 121 XA that was parked by the road side.
“The corpses of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary in Ipara General Hospital, while the survivors are also receiving treatment at Sagamu and Victory Hospital, Ogere,’’ he said.
Oladele said the driver of the commercial bus absconded immediately after the accident
-
Featured1 week agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Latest1 week agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: 10 LGAs that could decide the governorship election
-
Latest1 week agoOsun Poll: Police dispute Speaker’s siege claim, nab 300 at politician’s residence
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Adeleke accuses Police of aiding APC supporters to disrupt voting [VIDEO]
-
Latest4 days agoTinubu files: US Judge grants four-day extension in FOIA disclosure battle


