Covid-19
No date yet for reopening of orientation camps – NYSC
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said there is no official date for the reopening of camps nationwide.
The organisation said it was waiting for approval for the reopening of orientation camps having made a presentation before the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19.
It dismissed reports Orientation Course will resume 27th October 2020 with Batch “A” Stream 2 and that the batch has been subdivided into Batches “A” and “B”.
In a statement by the Director of Press and Public Relations at the NYSC, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemi in Abuja on Saturday, the scheme described the reports as fake.
The statement said: “It is imperative to state that the Scheme has ensured that all the COVID-19 safety protocols incidental to safe hosting of Orientation programmes are in place in all its 37 Orientation Camps.
“Note also that some precautionary safety measures already adopted by the Scheme had earned it the commendation of the PTF.”
It expressed hope the Federal Government through the PTF will soon give approval for the full resumption of camping.
“While the NYSC sincerely appreciates the patience so far shown by the PCMs who have waited for over six months to be called-up for participation in the Scheme, it equally empathizes with them over the unanticipated disruption of their programmes, resulting from COVID-19 pandemic,” it added.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has said there is no official date for the reopening of camps nationwide.
The organisation said it was waiting for approval for the reopening of orientation camps having made a presentation before the Presidential Task Force on Covid-19.
It dismissed reports Orientation Course will resume 27th October 2020 with Batch “A” Stream 2 and that the batch has been subdivided into Batches “A” and “B”.
In a statement by the Director of Press and Public Relations at the NYSC, Mrs. Adenike Adeyemi in Abuja on Saturday, the scheme described the reports as fake.
The statement said: “It is imperative to state that the Scheme has ensured that all the COVID-19 safety protocols incidental to safe hosting of Orientation programmes are in place in all its 37 Orientation Camps.
“Note also that some precautionary safety measures already adopted by the Scheme had earned it the commendation of the PTF.”
It expressed hope the Federal Government through the PTF will soon give approval for the full resumption of camping.
“While the NYSC sincerely appreciates the patience so far shown by the PCMs who have waited for over six months to be called-up for participation in the Scheme, it equally empathizes with them over the unanticipated disruption of their programmes, resulting from COVID-19 pandemic,” it added.
-
Football7 days agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Latest5 days agoOsun 2026: Adeleke, Oyebamiji Clash Over N650bn, ‘Federal Might’ ahead of poll
-
Aviation6 days agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals


