Dasukigate: Sick Metuh begs to refund N400m

0
617

Gilbert Metuh, spokesperson for the Metuh family, has declared their son Olisa, ex-PDP national publicist, is ready to refund the N4oo million he collected from former NSA Sambo Dasuki to run political errand for former President Goodluck Jonathan.

The younger Metuh fell sick in the course of facing trial over the slice of the $2.1 billion arms vote Dasuki shunted to PDP Campaign Organisation in the lead-up to the 2015 election.

Since his arrest  and even up to about a week ago, our son has made seceral overtures to the arresting authority for him to refund the money since they now claim in court that it came from government coffers,” said Gilbert in a statement issued Thursday.

“All efforts have been unsuccessful.”

The family stated Metuh’s life is more important to them than the money, though they believe President Muhammed Buhari’s government has marked him down.

ALSO SEE:  Dasukigate: Surprised Okupe can’t believe Metuh got another N400m from Dasuki

“It is instructive that out of over 300 names listed as having received money from the ONSA, all those who offered to refund money were not arraigned in court,” Metuh’s family insisted.

Our son is the only one whose offer to refun money was rejected and has been arraigned in court and his case given accelerated hearing.”

But earlier in the year when the EFCC probing the scam detained and quizzed Metuh, he dug in his heels, vowing   not to refund any money.

Doyin Okupe, an aide to Jonathan and another beneficiary of the loot, testifying in court as Metuh’s witness, said it was Jonathan that gave him the N400 million to do damage control for the PDP.

All Metuh’s efforts at the appeal court to nip the case have been frustrated as the rulings always ordered him back to face trial.

Even when he made an excuse of his failing health so he can travel abroad for medical attention, the court recently threw out the application.

Leave a Comment

Leave a comment

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY