Prostatitis is a health problem that affects men. According to Mayo clinic, prostatitis is swelling and inflammation of the prostate gland, a walnut-sized gland situated directly below the bladder in men.
The prostate gland produces fluid (semen) that nourishes and transports sperm. Prostatitis can be caused by a number of factors like bacterial infections. There are different kinds of prostatitis but the most common is, chronic prostatitis.
Prostatitis is very common in Nigeria and statistics has shown that, over 100,000 men suffer from prostatitis every year in Nigeria.
Here Are Signs (7) Of Prostatitis Men Should Never Ignore.
1. Pain In The Penis, Testicles, And The Area Between The Perianal: prostatitis can make men to experience pain in different parts of their private parts.
Some men will experience pain in their manhood, some will experience pain in their testicles, some in their scrotum. While some men will suffer pain in their perianal ( the space that separates their scrotum from their rectum).
2. Pain Or Burning Sensation When Urinating: pain is not meant to accompany urine. But, men that have prostatitis usually experience pain while urinating.
Some pain who do not experience pain will experience a burning sensation while urinating which means that, passing out urine might seem like passing out hot water and your urethra might feel hot.
3. Blood In Urine: blood in urine is always a sign of an underlying medical problem. Blood in urine can signify that a person has a number of serious diseases like; cancer. However one of the major reasons why men have blood in their urine is prostatitis.
4. Pain In The Groin Area Or Lower Back: according to Merriem Webster dictionary, the groin is the fold or, depression marking the juncture of the the lower abdomen and the inner part of the thigh.
Men who have prostatitis will experience pain in their groin areas. Also, some men that have prostatitis might also experience pain in their lower back.
5. Feeling Pain While Ejaculating: ejaculation occurs when men releases semen. Men usually releases semen after climaxing during intercourse.
Releasing semen is painless but men who have prostatitis can experience pain while ejaculating.
6. Urgent Need To Urinate: men who have Prostatitis always feel the need to urinate.
Prostatitis make men feel pressed and they might have the feeling that if they donot urinate immediately they might wet themselves.
7. Difficulty Urinating: prostatitis causes men to have difficulty urinating. Difficulty in urinating can appear in form of hesitant or, dribbling urination ( dribble urination occurs when your urine pauses and does not come out in a straight forward manner).
Prostatitis can also make men to urinate regularly, especially, at night.