Let’s face it: many of us are so reliant on our telephones that we can’t picture living without them.
However, we have various phone habits that affect the battery life of our devices, and since we all want long-lasting battery life in our smartphones, we must adjust some habits.
The following tactics will help you extend the life of your smartphone battery, which lasts about 7- 8 hours on average.
1. Always charge to 80%: Depending on how much you use your phone, 80% will get you through the day. Overcharging your battery to more than 80% might cause it to overheat, decreasing its life.
2. Avoid constant charging: It’s not a good idea to constantly plug your phone in to charge it; at the very least, let the battery drain to around 20% before plugging it in. According to studies, unnecessary and frequent recharges shorten the battery’s lifespan.
3. Charge your smartphone with the original charger: Due to forgetfulness, carelessness, or a busy schedule, we sometimes replace our phone’s original charger with a duplicate, and this action has an impact on battery performance. Before utilizing a new charger, make sure to check the output voltage (V) and current (Ampere).
4. Avoid fast chargers: While we all want our phones to charge as quickly as possible, fast chargers aren’t always the best option for your battery’s overall health. Fast chargers cause your battery to degrade over time since they use higher voltage, causing it to overheat.
5. Don’t leave your phone plugged in overnight: Leaving your phone plugged in overnight will shorten the battery’s life and cause it to overheat.
6. Third-party battery apps: While many third-party battery apps claim to extend the battery life of Android devices, the truth is that they simply put more strain on the device, forcing it to use more power.
7. Flip your phone over while charging: Phones get warm while charging, and wearing a protective case can slow heat dissipation, so flip your phone over while charging.
8. Limit smartphone gaming: If you’re a gamer, you should limit your smartphone gaming because it drains your battery. Additionally, gaming while charging can cause the device to overheat.