Football
‘New season, new trim’ — Haaland unveils dramatic buzz cut
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has ditched his trademark long blonde hair ahead of the new Premier League season, unveiling a dramatic buzz cut.
The 26-year-old revealed his new look on social media with the caption, “New season, new trim,” as he prepares to begin another campaign with City.
READ ALSO: Man City agree £86m deal for teenage midfielder Bouaddi
Haaland had previously sported one of football’s most recognisable hairstyles, joining the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Gareth Bale among players known for their iconic long-haired looks.
Before the haircut, the Norwegian striker joked about some of his previous hairstyles and considered several unusual ideas for his new look.
He appeared nervous when the hairdresser made the first cut but soon began enjoying the transformation.
Haaland then video-called several famous figures, including Manchester City team-mate Jack Grealish, Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher and former City manager Pep Guardiola.
Gallagher approved of the new style, telling Haaland: “You look about 17 years old. It’s good. Change is good.”
Grealish was equally enthusiastic, joking: “You look about 10 years old. That is hilarious. I can’t stop looking at the front of your hair. I love it.”
Guardiola also gave his approval, saying: “You’re lucky you have hair. I would love to have it. I love it.”
Haaland later contacted former Sweden striker Ibrahimovic, joking that the ex-Manchester United and Inter Milan star had previously warned him never to cut his hair.
“Zlatan told me, never cut your hair, because your strength is in your hair. I’m a bit nervous. I want a buzz cut, like in the military,” Haaland said.
Ibrahimovic, however, was far from impressed.
“What did you do? You lost a bet or what? Block me and erase my number,” he joked.
Haaland will now hope the new look comes with a fresh goalscoring streak when Manchester City begin their Premier League campaign against Bournemouth on Sunday.
-
Latest1 week agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Latest5 days agoTinubu files: US Judge grants four-day extension in FOIA disclosure battle
-
Latest1 week agoOsun Decides: INEC declares Adeleke winner
-
Entertainment4 days agoPoco Lee faces rape allegation as unverified UK arrest report spreads online
-
Featured5 days agoBeyond Osun 2026: What Adeleke’s re-election reveals about Nigeria’s road to 2027
-
Comments and Issues2 days agoCan President Tinubu Revive Nigeria’s Moribund Refineries?
-
Business5 days agoStandard Bank eyes stake in OPay ahead of planned $4bn US IPO
-
Business4 days agoProfit-taking hits NGX again as First HoldC leads market declines


