News
Nigerian military killed my father, Tompolo declares
Former militant leader in the oil region of Niger Delta, Government Ekpemukpolo also known as Tompolo, has alleged that the Nigerian military is responsible for the death of his father.
His father, 84-year old High Chief Thomas Osen Ekpemukpolo, reportedly died at Liliy Clinic, Warri, Delta State, in the early hours of Wednesday.
However, Paul Bebenibo, Tompolo’s spokesman, is said to have blamed the death of the old man on military assault meted on him in his hometown in Kurutie on May 28.
The alleged attack was made public in a letter Tompolo wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari in July, where he noted that one of his father’s limbs had been amputated as a result of assault from security agents.
ALSO SEE: Military warns Niger Delta militant groups
Recall that Tompolo was summoned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), over criminal charges late last year but he refused to honour it. Since that summon, he has been on the run.
He is also accused of being the mastermind of Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) a militant group, which has wrecked serious havoc on oil installations in the oil region since the beginning of this year.
Tompolo has however, on several occasions denied any dealings with NDA.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

