Football
Sanchez agrees financial terms with Man United
By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Manchester United have reportedly come to a financial agreement with Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez according to reports.
Over the past 24 hours, United have been linked with a surprise move for Sanchez, who has less than six months remaining on his contract at the Emirates Stadium.
Since the summer, it has appeared that Manchester City was the most likely destination for Sanchez, who has previously worked with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona, but according to Sky Sport Italia, United have moved closer to securing the 29-year-old’s signature.
City were initially said to favour signing Sanchez on a free transfer in the summer, but the Premier League leaders may have to match United’s offer – said to be in the region of £25m – to discuss terms with the Chilean attacker.
Earlier on Friday, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claimed that Sanchez’s future was ‘still uncertain’, suggesting that it was possible that the player could leave the Gunners before the end of the month.
Sanchez was only named on the bench for Wednesday’s EFL Cup fixture with Chelsea.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

