Connect with us


Tragedy! Generator fume kills 10 on wedding night in Imo



Spread the love

No fewer than ten guests at a traditional wedding in Imo died after inhaling fume from a generator from Sunday night till Monday morning.

About twenty others were hospitalised.

The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.

The guests came from Anambra, and decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.

Imo State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, said the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”

“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”

The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.