Football
World cup: 5,000 Israelis fans expected to travel to Qatar
Israel’s Foreign Ministry on Thursday said more than 5,000 football fans with Israeli citizenship are expected to make the trip to the World Cup in Qatar.
According to the ministry, an additional 5,000 people with dual citizenship are to visit the emirate during the tournament with their other passports.
Israel and Qatar do not maintain diplomatic relations, however, under an agreement during the World Cup, direct flights from Israel to Qatar are to be available and the first one took off on Sunday.
For a fan, an ID card was required to before entering Qatar, as well as a valid airline ticket for travel to and from the country, the ministry said.
Israelis are also to be provided with consular services during the tournament, according to the country’s Foreign Ministry.
An Israeli fan, who didn’t want to be named, told dpa on Wednesday that he had no problems in Qatar so far saying he and his friends received a friendly welcome from the Qataris.
-
Featured1 week agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Latest1 week agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: 10 LGAs that could decide the governorship election
-
Latest1 week agoOsun Poll: Police dispute Speaker’s siege claim, nab 300 at politician’s residence
-
Latest1 week agoOsun poll: Adeleke accuses Police of aiding APC supporters to disrupt voting [VIDEO]
-
Latest6 days agoOsun Decides: INEC declares Adeleke winner


