Crime
Kuje prison jail break: 14 officers on suspension
The Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) in its attempt to have a fair and unbiased investigation has announced the suspension of 14 officers from the service. This action become necessary to allow for unhindered trial process. The NPS says tight security measures have been put in place around prison formations nationwide to forestall a repeat of such incident.
https://nationaldailyng.com/2015/prisons-boss-in-secret-recruitment-scam/
It states that efforts to recapture the fleeing prisoners in collaboration with sister security agencies are on-going. Maxwell Ajukwu and Solomon Amodu, used a plank to scale the high wall of the Kuje prisons while Muslim inmates were breaking their Ramadan fast at 7pm on June 24. As a result of the Kuje jail heist, 14 officers of the Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS) have been taken off their duties.
The announcement of the suspension of the affected officers was contained in a statement issued on Monday, July 4, in Abuja by Mr Francis Enobore, the spokesperson of the Nigerian Prisons Service (NPS). According to PM News, the affected officers and men are: DCP Musa Tanko; SIP Buhari Dogo; PIP Stephen Edogbanya ; PIP Patrick Teru; IP Usman Peter; IP Dennis Makum. Others are: IP Fassan Akin; SPA Daka James; SPA Adamu Luka; SPA Zakari Yunasa; PA Asnamal Samuel; PA Ejegwa Patrick; PA 11 Isah Ibrahim, and PA 11 Ngede Salifu.
The statement said the officers were suspended from duty to allow for unhindered trial process. It said: “The Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) have approved the suspension of four senior officers. “The suspension is sequel to the outcome of the preliminary investigation into the incident and in consonance with PSR 030406 (2008) Revised Version; the officers were suspended from duty to allow for unhindered trial process. “The commissioned officers among them are to be served with letters of query, while the junior staff will be given Form 96 (Charge Sheet) to explain their role in the unfortunate saga.’’
https://nationaldailyng.com/2015/lagos-prisons-command-vows-to-check-incidences-of-jail-break/
The statement also noted that tightening security measures had been put in place and around prison formations nationwide to forestall a repeat of such incident. The NPS noted that efforts to recapture the fleeing prisoners in collaboration with sister security agencies were on-going. Recall that two prisoners escaped from the Kuje Prison in Abuja on Friday, June 24. The two inmates, Solomon Amodu and Maxwell Ajukwu were standing trial for culpable homicide. The Punch reports that the inmates used a plank to scale the high wall of the prisons while Muslim inmates were breaking their Ramadan fast at 7pm on the said date.
-
Football1 week agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business7 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business7 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


