Football
Juventus star extends deal until 2023
Brazilian international defender Alex Sandro has renewed his contract with Juventus, committing to the Serie A champions until 2023, the club confirmed on Thursday.
The 27-year-old Sandro has won three Serie A titles and three Italian Cups since joining from Porto in 2015, where he also won two league titles.
His five-year contract worth 26 million euros ($29 million) was due to expire in 2020.
“Today for me, my family and also for my teammates is a very happy day. To the fans I would like to say that I will always give my best, as I have done so far, and to keep improving,” said the left-back.
“In the years that I’ve been here I learnt the mentality of the club and of my teammates. Here we always work to win and this will never change,” said Sandro.
The Brazilian had been linked with a move away from Turin to an English Premier League club over the past two seasons.
“Power, control, technique and game vision. Alex Sandro has shown himself to be one of the most important elements of a team that has won three league and three Italian Cups since his arrival from Porto,” Juventus said in a statement.
“Here’s to continuing that commitment, going forwards to earn new victories and win more trophies!”
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured2 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool


