Labour
Minister denies calls for submission of CVs to Labour ministry
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngige, on Monday in Abuja denied an online publication calling for the submission of Curriculum Vitae (CV) by unemployed youths to the ministry.
A statement signed by the Deputy Director of Press in the Ministry, Mr Samuel Olowookere, said that the attention of the minister had been drawn to the online publication requesting unemployed Nigerian youths to submit application for employment in the ministry.
It noted the online publication requested unemployed Nigerian youths to submit the CVs at the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment Headquarters and its Zonal offices nationwide.
“The general public is hereby advised to disregard this false directive as it did not emanate from the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment.
“In view of the apprehension the above false information has generated, it is pertinent to point out that the present administration is committed to the creation of decent employment opportunities for the teeming unemployed Nigerians.
“It has perfected plans for massive job creation through well thought out programmes such as Graduate Teachers Conversion Programme and Graduate Internship Scheme (GIS), among others.”
The statement said that the general public would be informed in due course when any of these programmes/scheme would be rolled out.
It, therefore, warned members of the public to disregard the publication, stressing that “any person who does otherwise does so at his or her own risk”.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest5 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

