News
Nnamdi Kanu’s whereabouts revealed!
Controversy over the whereabouts of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu may have been put to rest as a former governor of Abia State, Orju Uzor Kalu said at the weekend that Kanu fled to London.
Kanu and his father had disappeared after soldiers allegedly attacked his residence in Abia State. And his whereabouts has remained a controversy since then with his lawyers accusing the military of keeping him in custody.
Speaking recently in an interview, Orju Uzor Kalu said the military didn’t take Nnamdi Kanu. “Kanu was not taken away by the military. Kanu went to Malaysia from where he travelled to the United Kingdom. Nnamdi Kanu is in London right now as we speak. He was not arrested by anybody.”
“He left the country on his own. One of his relations has spoken to me and explained everything because I wanted to see him and talk to him wherever he was and see how I could meet some Federal Government officials on his issue.
“I also wanted to see ways of talking to the President about him, and find common ground but his family told me that he has left the country, unless they are lying to me.”
ALSO SEE: UK seeks to unravel Kanu’s whereabouts
“I believe, whether he had left the country or not, he is not with the military because I asked the Commander of the 14 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.K Ibrahim, who is a very fine and good soldier, well-educated and dedicated, and he told me that they don’t know his whereabouts and I am sure, the Department of State Services have the same information.
“I also visited the commissioner of police and he said he didn’t know his whereabouts and that they are also looking for him.”
Recall that the UK government, through its high commission in Nigeria on Friday had seek clarification from the Federal Government if Nnamdi Kanu, a British citizen was dead or alive.
The Press Officer, UK high commission in Nigeria, Joe Abuku, stated that the inquiry followed reports that Kanu had been missing since September 14, 2017 when armed soldiers stormed his residence in Abia State.
But the military has consistently denied having him in custody. The DHQ said on Friday that it has no knowledge of the whereabouts of the IPOB leader.
Defence spokesman, John Enenche, who addressed journalists in Abuja stated that DHQ cannot be held responsible for the missing IPOB leader.
-
Football1 week agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business6 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity


