News
Tinubu declares to work for Buhari in 2019
APC national leader Bola Tinubu has vowed to work for President Muhammadu Buhari for a second term in 2019 following the presidential declaration of the late MKO Abiola a Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
The former governor of Lagos said at the investiture ceremony for Abiola on June 12.
Buhari has also declared June 12 when the late politician was said to have won the 1003 presidential election cancelled by then military ruler Ibrahim B, Babangida.
While the PDP and other opposition parties see the Buhari move as political, the June 12 activists and many, including families of Abiola, applauded the president.
Highlighting some of Buhari’s achievements, Tinubu said that Nigerians are no longer paying for darkness, giving an indication that electricity supply has become stable under the present administration.
He also lauded Buhari for the school feeding programme, a component of the government’s Social Investment Programme.
The APC leader has been adjudged the best strategists in the ruling party Buhari cannit do without in 2019–despite how frosty the relationship between the two had been before now.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

