News
We’re yet to receive returned £4.2m – Delta Govt
The Delta State Government on Wednesday declared that it is yet to receive the 4.2 million pounds from the Federal Government returned by the United Kingdom.
The state government noted that although the Accountant-General of the Federation, Ahmed Idris, had on Tuesday said before the House of Representatives Committee on Recovered Assets in Abuja, that the funds had been released to Delta State, disputing the AG claim that the money had released, insisting that it has not arrived in its coffers.
The Chief Press Secretary to Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, Olisa Ifeajika, in a statement in Asaba, indicated that the state government is in contact with the Federal Government, especially, the Office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, on the returned fund.
The state government expressed appreciation for the disposition of the Federal Government in releasing the funds to the state, assuring that it would acknowledge receipt of the funds when it arrives.
The government also assured the Federal Government and Deltans that the funds would, in tandem with Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s administration’s hallmark, be judiciously deployed, especially, in the completion of projects it had earlier intimated the Presidency about.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?

