Featured
Certain political forces desperate to silence me, Malafia cries out
A former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Dr. Obadiah Mailafia, has alleged that certain political forces are desperate to silence him over his comments on the killings going on in southern Kaduna.
He disclosed this on Friday while reacting to the third invitation from the Department of State Security (DSS) in less than two months, asking him to appear again on Monday, September 14 by 11am.
He had been questioned by the DSS over a radio interview where he alleged a Northern Governor was Boko Haram commander.
According to him: “I have once again (for the 3rd time) been ordered to appear before the DSS at their Jos HQ this coming Monday 14th September at 11.00 am.
“This is in addition to our battle in court, as my lawyer appears before a Jos High Court on Friday September 11, seeking a restraining order against the DIG Criminal Investigations Department (CID) who are also pursuing me.”
He said he was disgusted by being subjected to criminal investigation in Nigeria for speaking the truth having spent over 20 years teaching abroad with an unblemished record.
“I spent over 20 years of my working life abroad as a university teacher, banker and international civil servant with an unblemished record.
“I have no criminal record — not even a parking ticket. Sadly, it is in my own fatherland that I’m being subjected to criminal investigation and such extreme political persecution.
“Please, pray for me. I have reasons to believe that my life is in danger and that some powerful political forces want to silence me forever for speaking the truth.
“For speaking on behalf of the Holy Martyrs — of thousands of innocent children, women, elderly and youths that have been killed in our beloved country.”
Mailafia has been on the radar of security operatives after granting a radio interview where he alleged a Northern Governor is a commander of Boko Haram terrorists.
He was invited twice to DSS and released unconditionally.
Thereafter, the criminal investigation unit of the Police asked him to appear for criminal investigation.
Mailafia declined and approached the Jos High Court seeking a restraining order against the Police.
The matter comes up at High Court 4, Jos on Friday.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival

