Crime
Suicide bombers die in failed attacks
Two suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers were killed on Sunday after a botched attack on Gulak, mooheadquarters of Madagali Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
Dr Muhammed Suleiman, Executive Secretary of the state Emergency Management Agency disclosed this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Yola on Sunday.
Suleiman said three suspected bombers had targeted the Seminary Church in Gulak for attack, but the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on them exploded midway killing two, while the third ran into the bush.
“We received a report that three suspected Boko Haram members targeted Seminary Church in Gulak for attack around 8:30 a.m., on Sunday.
“Two of them detonated their IEDs and turned into pieces while the third one ran into the bush,” Sulaiman said.
He said their remains had been buried.
He said no other person was killed or injured during the attack adding that only a small girl was hit by the debris and she is still alive.
When contacted, SP Othman Abubakar, spokesperson, of the state Police Command confirmed the attack
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business3 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Latest4 days agoWike says Makinde’s presidential ambition dead on arrival
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?

