Crime
Suicide bombers die in failed attacks
Two suspected Boko Haram suicide bombers were killed on Sunday after a botched attack on Gulak, mooheadquarters of Madagali Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
Dr Muhammed Suleiman, Executive Secretary of the state Emergency Management Agency disclosed this in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Yola on Sunday.
Suleiman said three suspected bombers had targeted the Seminary Church in Gulak for attack, but the Improvised Explosive Device (IED) on them exploded midway killing two, while the third ran into the bush.
“We received a report that three suspected Boko Haram members targeted Seminary Church in Gulak for attack around 8:30 a.m., on Sunday.
“Two of them detonated their IEDs and turned into pieces while the third one ran into the bush,” Sulaiman said.
He said their remains had been buried.
He said no other person was killed or injured during the attack adding that only a small girl was hit by the debris and she is still alive.
When contacted, SP Othman Abubakar, spokesperson, of the state Police Command confirmed the attack
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured2 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool


