Crime
Court remands 2 men in custody for unlawful possession of firearms
A Kaduna Chief Magistrate’s Court remanded two men, Abdullahi Sadiq, 30 and Sani Nasiru, 28, at the Kaduna Correctional Centre on Wednesday for allegedly being in unlawful possession of firearms.
Presiding Chief Magistrate Ibrahim Emmanuel ordered that the accused be remanded in custody pending advice by the state’s Director of Public Prosecutions.
Prosecuting Insp Sunday Baba had earlier told the court that police operatives arrested the duo at Rigasa area of Kaduna on Dec. 27, 2022 with one locally-fabricated automatic pistol, one Dane gun, eight cutlasses, knives and daggers.
He said they confessed to being on their way to Zaria, also in Kaduna State, to meet their gang leader one Garba for a robbery operation.
Garba is still at large, he added.
The court did not take the accused plea as it lacked jurisdiction to try cases under the Kaduna State Robbery and Firearms (special provision) Act 2004.
Chief Magistrate Emmanuel adjourned the case till Feb. 6 pending advice from the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution.
-
Football1 week agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Featured5 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business6 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business1 week agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured5 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest5 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business1 week agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Business6 days agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity


