Connect with us


Girl, 12, stabbed to death after ‘row with boys’; 4 teens arrested



Spread The News

Four teenagers have been arrested after a 12-year-old girl was assaulted and murdered outside Primark in Liverpool city centre, England, on Thursday night, Nov. 25.

Police have named the 12-year-old as Ava White, who passed away after being reportedly stabbed.

Ava was given first aid by a member of the public and was later taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital where she died, Merseyside Police said.

In a statement, the force said: “It is with great sadness that we confirm that a 12-year-old girl, Ava White, has died following an incident in Liverpool city centre last night.

“Four males – one aged 13, two aged 14 years and one aged 15 years, all from Toxteth, have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

“Officers were called at approximately 8.39pm to reports of an assault.

“When officers arrived they discovered that Ava, who had been with friends, collapsed on the ground and a member of the public who witnessed the incident was giving first aid.

“Paramedics attended at the scene and Ava was taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, where sadly she died a short time later despite the best efforts of medical staff.”

Assistant Chief Constable Jon Roy believes Ava and her friends had been involved in an argument before she was attacked.

He said: “Our thoughts and condolences go out to Ava’s family, who are being supported by specialist Family Liaison officers. Their world has been torn apart and no parent should ever have to face that knock on the door from police officers to say that their child has died.

“We believe that Ava and her friends had been involved in a verbal argument which culminated in Ava being assaulted causing catastrophic injuries. And we understand that the offenders were then seen to run up School Lane across Hanover Street and on to Fleet Street.

“We have arrested four males aged, one aged 13 years, two aged 14 years and one aged 15 from Toxteth, on suspicion of murder and they are currently being interviewed at police stations on Merseyside.”


The force said the street would have been busy at that time of the stabbing due to it coinciding with the Christmas lights switch on.

Assistant Chief Constable Jon Roy added: “Liverpool City Centre was very busy at the time of the incident as the lights on the Christmas tree on Church Street had been officially switched on a short while earlier and we would appeal to anyone who was on Church Street who saw the incident, or may even have captured it on their mobile phone, to come forward.”

People have gone on social media to pay tribute to  Ava.