Latest
80 abductees rescued, 6 suspected bandits arrested in Zamfara
The air component of operation Sharan Daji has carried out several air strikes around Dumburum forest rescuing 80 abductees, the acting force information officer, Major Clement Abiade has disclosed.
Abiade made this known in a press statement in Gusau on Saturday, February 16.
It was gathered that the abductees consisted of men, women and children from some communities in Zamfara.
He said the operation was carried out last week through a simultaneous action with land soldiers keeping vigil on all exits, which frustrated the bandits.
The spokesman also said six persons suspected to be bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers were arrested while several weapons, ammunition and rustled animals were also recovered during the operation.
He said those arrested would be handed over to the police for investigation and prosecution.
He, however, regretted that six of the soldiers on the operation lost their lives in gun battle with the bandits who ambushed them near Bini village of Maru local government area.
He noted that the the operation would remain resolute on its mandate of tackling the menace of the bandits in Zamfara.
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business6 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured3 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business4 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured3 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Business5 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


