Featured
Why #EndSARS protesters are still on the street – Falana
Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), has said the #EndSARS protesters are still on the street because they don’t trust the federal government to fully implement their demands.
Falana, whose son, Folarin (Falz) is part of the celebrities leading the protest, disclosed this while speaking on a Channels Television programme on Wednesday night.
He claimed there are no signs that President Muhammadu Buhari administration is ready to respect the rights of Nigerians, and also criticized the federal government for setting up the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team, to replace the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Unit (SARS).
“As far as I’m concerned, so far, we are only scratching the surface of the problem. And there’s been no indication that the government is prepared yet to respect the rights of the Nigerian people embodied in the constitution and other statues.
“For me, it is not actually the name that matters and I think what the youths are saying is that beyond renaming. They want to see concrete steps taken to show that it is not going to be business as usual when it comes to policing in Nigeria,” Falana said.
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Aviation6 days agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals
-
Latest5 days agoOsun 2026: Adeleke, Oyebamiji Clash Over N650bn, ‘Federal Might’ ahead of poll


