Football
Iheanacho not leaving Manchester City – Father
Kelechi Iheanacho’s father, James Iheanacho has said that his son is not leaving his Premier League club, Manchester City.
The 20-year-old was overlooked for the matchday squad against Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday. The Super Eagles forward has scored six goals so far this season but has seen competition at the Etihad Stadium increase with the arrival of Brazilian Gabriel Jesus.
His father said the youngster will not look to other clubs for regular football but will stay and fight for his place.
“Automatically Kelechi is not going on loan because his name is not among the players leaving,” James Iheanacho told allnigeriasoccer.com.
“It is only [on Saturday] he did not play.”
The forward made his breakthrough under Manuel Pellegrini last season scoring 14 times in all competitions. He also had a hat-trick in the FA Cup clash against Aston Villa.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business4 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business3 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

