Latest
80 abductees rescued, 6 suspected bandits arrested in Zamfara
The air component of operation Sharan Daji has carried out several air strikes around Dumburum forest rescuing 80 abductees, the acting force information officer, Major Clement Abiade has disclosed.
Abiade made this known in a press statement in Gusau on Saturday, February 16.
It was gathered that the abductees consisted of men, women and children from some communities in Zamfara.
He said the operation was carried out last week through a simultaneous action with land soldiers keeping vigil on all exits, which frustrated the bandits.
The spokesman also said six persons suspected to be bandits, cattle rustlers and kidnappers were arrested while several weapons, ammunition and rustled animals were also recovered during the operation.
He said those arrested would be handed over to the police for investigation and prosecution.
He, however, regretted that six of the soldiers on the operation lost their lives in gun battle with the bandits who ambushed them near Bini village of Maru local government area.
He noted that the the operation would remain resolute on its mandate of tackling the menace of the bandits in Zamfara.
-
Business1 week agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo
-
Business6 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Business7 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Business6 days agoDangote Refinery sues FG over petrol import licences in downstream market showdown
-
Energy7 days agoRising global oil tensions raise fresh fears over Nigeria’s fuel prices
-
Business4 days agoAnalysts hail equities rally as over 30 NGX stocks beat inflation in April
-
Business4 days agoSterling Holdings FY2025 profit soars by 89% despite rising credit losses

