Latest
APC’s Edo House of Assembly candidate abducted by gunmen
Unknown gunmen have abducted the All Progressives Congress candidate for the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr Michael Ohio-Ezomon, from his house at Eme-Ora, Owan West Local Government Area of the state.
The Chairman of the local government, Mr Frank Illaboya who confirmed this to the News Agency of Nigeria in Eme-Ora on Thursday, said Ohio-Ezomon was abducted by three gunmen around 1am on Thursday.
According to Illaboya, the candidate’s orderly was killed by the abductors who whisked him away through the window.
“Our candidate in the forthcoming election has been abducted by three gunmen at his house around 1am this morning.
“The orderly attached to him was killed and our candidate was taken away by gunmen through the window.
“As I speak to you now, there has been no contact from the abductors,” Illaboya said.
The Edo Commissioner of Police, Mr Hakeem Odumosu, told NAN at the scene of the incident that investigation would commence immediately.
He also said no contact had been established with the gunmen.
Meanwhile, the body of the orderly has been deposited in a mortuary in the area.
The abducted APC house of assembly candidate had earlier represented Owan West Constituency in the state assembly between 2011 and 2015.
-
Business1 week agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues1 week agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo
-
Business6 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Business7 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Business6 days agoDangote Refinery sues FG over petrol import licences in downstream market showdown
-
Energy7 days agoRising global oil tensions raise fresh fears over Nigeria’s fuel prices
-
Business4 days agoAnalysts hail equities rally as over 30 NGX stocks beat inflation in April
-
Business4 days agoSterling Holdings FY2025 profit soars by 89% despite rising credit losses

