Football
Conte speaks on how Chelsea squad escaped plane crash after Qarabag game
By Boluwatife Ezekiel Olaleye
Chelsea manager, Antonio Conte, has spoken about the “scary” flight they endured from Azerbaijan on Thursday morning.
Their aircraft was forced to make two attempts at landing because of bad weather.
Conte said he had been scared by the events, after Chelsea’s chartered plane encountered stormy conditions at Gatwick airport.
The Italian, who has already been critical of the scheduling that saw his team make a 6,000 mile round trip to Baku 48 hours before facing Liverpool in the Premier League, said his players finally landed at 6am.
“It was a lot of wind and we tried to land the first time but it was impossible.
“Then the captain tried again and the second time it was positive. As you know in these circumstances you feel a bit afraid, you are a bit scared, but the captain was very good.
“It was a problem to land. I think that to get to your house at 6am is not simple. It’s not simple then to rest and recover for only one day and to prepare for a big game.
“It’s not right, I must be honest. But we have to do it and today we had a good training session and we tried to prepare the game very well,” he said.
-
Football6 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business1 week agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured4 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Business6 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Featured4 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Latest4 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Business6 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari


