News
FG reopens third mainland bridge after weeks of closure
The Nigerian government has reopened the Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State.
The bridge has been reopened to commuters one month after its closure for maintenance work.
In a statement on Thursday, December 21, 2023, the Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, announced the reopening.
“We are pleased to announce that parts of the Third Mainland Bridge which were closed last month will reopen today 21st December, 2023 by 6 pm,” he said.
He said the entire bridge is now fully accessible to the public, ensuring smoother connectivity and safe commuting.
Furthermore, he thanked Nigerians for their patience during the month-long closure, adding that the Lagos government understood the inconvenience the closure may have caused.
According to Osiyemi the reopening reaffirms the government’s commitment to infrastructure upkeep and public safety.
-
Business5 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Latest6 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business5 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Business4 days agoNigeria’s foreign debt climbs 22% to $51.86bn under Tinubu administration
-
Comments and Issues6 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoThe “Onuku” Called Kenneth Okonkwo

