Football
Hazard ruled out of Belgium’s World Cup qualifiers
Borussia Dortmund winger, Thorgan Hazard has been ruled out of Belgium’s upcoming internationals, due to injury, the national team said on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old was last week named in manager Roberto Martinez’s squad for World Cup qualifiers against Estonia, the Czech Republic and Belarus from Sept. 2 to 8.
“Hazard is not fit and left the group this morning. He will continue his recovery at his club,” the national team said in a statement on Twitter.
Hazard had scored eight goals in 39 international appearances for Belgium and was part of the team that reached the quarter-finals at Euro 2020.
-
Latest4 days agoMakinde declares 2027 presidential bid under PDP–APM alliance
-
Business4 days agoNigeria: Whither the fruits of 2026 crude oil windfall?
-
Comments and Issues5 days agoPolitical Parties Primaries: Consensus or Coronation?
-
Business3 days agoTrump-Xi summit sparks fresh questions for Nigeria’s economy, tech sector
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoDoes it matter to Africa if Nigel Farage comes to Number 10?
-
Featured4 days agoObasanjo faults Tinubu’s economic reforms, calls them necessary but poorly designed
-
Business5 days agoAnger, debate trail proposed $1.25bn loan amid concerns over Nigeria’s debt surge
-
Comments and Issues4 days agoIs France Real or Playing Ping Pong With Africa?

