IKEDC technician electrocuted

Spread the love

The Isawo area of Ikorodu, Lagos, was, shocked Wednesday when a technician of the Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company, IKEDC, was electrocuted while trying to fix power problems caused in the area.

The road construction in the area had disrupted power supply, and complaints by residents brought a crew of technicians from the company.

While the work was on, a colleague at the power station mistakenly restored power to te area. Normally, switches to areas where maintenance is going on are off.

The victim whoo was the main guy up the pole was about to descend when he got electrocuted.

Athough the crew members made effort to rescue him, he was confirmed dead on the spot.

The neighbourhood was in upheaval after the incident.

The IKEDC has yet to respond officially.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY