Crime
Police arrest 26 persons over attack on Oba’s palace
The Lagos State Police Command on Friday disclosed the arrest of 26 persons over an attack on the palace of a traditional ruler, Oba Josiah Aina, the monarch of Oto Awori in Lagos State.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Benjamin Hundeyin, stated on Friday that the arrested persons invaded Oba Aina’s palace on Thursday and attacked most of the guests, leading to the death of a yet-to-be-identified person.
Hundeyin said that normalcy had been restored in the community.
The P{PRO said that the 26 suspects were arrested in connection with the attack in which one person died.
The PPRO said that the command is investigating the cause of the attack.
The 15th coronation anniversary of Oba Aina coronation was going when the suspects, armed with weapons, stormed the palace, attacked and robbed residents and guests of their valuables.
They were alleged to have also vandalised property, including vehicles, and burnt some shops within the surrounding area.
-
Football5 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Business6 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Featured3 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business5 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business4 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured3 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Business5 days agoDeep offshore tax order to unlock $50bn investment, boost oil output–Ojulari
-
Aviation1 week agoAir Peace suspends flights as aviation unions block Lagos, Abuja terminals


