Featured
Napoli boss finally breaks silence on Osimhen TikTok video controversy
Napoli boss Rudi Garcia has finally broken his silence on Victor Osimhen TikTok video controversy. The 59-year-old manager insists the striker remains committed to the club despite his threat to take legal action against Napoli.
Napoli posted a bizarre video to TikTok seemingly mocking their own player earlier this week. This comes despite the prominent role the striker played in securing the scudetto title last season.
The video featured a clip of the striker’s penalty miss from their match against Bologna last Sunday. The video was followed with an odd, sped-up voice dubbed over the top.
The strange social media clip comes after suspected tension between Osimhen and Rudi Garcia during the game.
The 24-year-old striker was seen berating Garcia after his substituted four minutes from the end of the game.
READ ALSO: Napoli President names only club that can afford Victor Osimhen
Osimhen was back in action with a goal as Napoli returned to wining ways in their 4-1 win against Udinese. Understandably, the post match focus centred on the future of a player as well as his relationship with his manager.
“In Bologna we were all frustrated at not winning and he was even more after missing a penalty. So that can happen,’ said Garcia after a thumping 4-1 victory against Udinese. ‘We cleared the air, it all went back to normal.
‘Over the last two days there was a bit of trouble with some clumsy behaviour. Nobody wanted to be hurtful, not the TikTok with the video of Victor. Not Victor by taking his photographs down on social media.
‘Nobody intended to hurt anyone, these are instinctive reactions and are understandable.
‘It is his social media account, he can do what he wants with it. All I can say is that he loves this jersey and will give everything for Napoli this season as well.’
‘I complimented him, which is different’. Garcia continued, ‘I have had a very good rapport with Victor since the moment I arrived. I am happy because he scored a goal and centre-forwards always want to score goals.
‘He too was unlucky hitting the crossbar and upright in the last few games, but I told him to stay focused on the game.
‘Technically, he provided an assist today, because I had named him as the penalty taker this evening. I do not take someone off penalty duties if they make a mistake, but he decided to give that assist to Zielinski.’
-
Football1 week agoWAFCON 2026: Super Falcons battle South Africa for World Cup play-off spot
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: Oyinlola group backs Oyebamiji, faults Adeleke over exclusion
-
Business5 days agoBigi, Fearless take campus engagement to new level, reach 20 tertiary institutions
-
Football4 days agoSuper Falcons target World Cup play-off spot against South Africa
-
Featured2 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business4 days agoOPay transactions surge 115% to $358bn as Fintech eyes $4bn US IPO
-
Business3 days agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Featured2 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool


