Connect with us

Featured

Fire guts Anambra building

Published

on

Fire guts Anambra building
Spread The News

Firefighters, on Wednesday, put off a fire incident that occurred in a five-bedroom duplex in Agu-Aba layout, Mopol Base, Agu Awka, Anambra State.

One of the rooms in the building was said to have been completely burnt with property lost to the inferno, National Daily Newspaper gathered.

The state fire chief, Engr. Martin Agbili confirmed that the fire was caused by a power surge.

He added that no lives were lost in the incident.

The Anambra state’s firefighters were quick to respond to the distress call, and succeeded in preventing the fire from spreading to other rooms and nearby buildings.

Agbili said, “At about 1956hrs (7.56 pm) of Wednesday, 27-09-2023, Anambra State Fire Service received a distress call of a fire in a residential home at No. 10, Uche Mmaduabuchi Agu-Aba layout off Mopol Base, Agu Awka.

ALSO READ : Tribunal……

Immediately, our fire truck and diligent firefighters were deployed to the scene of the fire for its extinguishment. The fire was fought, controlled and extinguished.

“The cause of the fire was a power surge and there was no record of any casualty or loss of life.”

A room in a five-bedroom duplex was completely burnt, National Daily Newspaper gathered.

 

 

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Trending