Featured
Ebola outbreak: Government reopens treatment centres after fresh attacks
The government has reopened treatment centres across the country after fresh Ebola outbreak.
It was gathered that an Ebola treatment centre at the epicentre of the current outbreak in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo has resumed operations after it was closed in response to an attack last week, the Congolese Health Ministry had revealed.
The facility in the city of Butembo was one of two centres torched by unknown assailants in the space of a few days, prompting Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) to suspend medical activities. [nL5N20M9DT]
Aid workers have faced mistrust in some areas as they work to contain the Ebola outbreak, which has become the worst in Congo’s history.
The ministry said the Butembo treatment centre reopened on Saturday. “For now it is managed by the ministry in collaboration with the World Health Organization and UNICEF,” it said in a statement.
MSF has not said when it might resume medical activities in the area.
The current Ebola epidemic, first declared last August, is believed to have killed at least 561 people so far and infected over 300 more.
-
Featured7 days agoOsun 2026: What the battle could signal for 2027 general elections
-
Business1 week agoWho is really benefiting from Nigeria’s economic reforms?
-
Latest7 days agoCoca-Cola faces backlash over alleged AI filter blocking Christian messages
-
Featured7 days agoOsun Election: How poverty turns ₦20,000 into a powerful vote-buying tool
-
Business1 week agoPound climbs to N1,837 as Naira holds steady amid stronger FX market liquidity
-
Latest7 days agoOsun poll: Chaos in Ejigbo as voters, INEC officials run for safety
-
Latest1 week agoOsun 2026: 10 LGAs that could decide the governorship election
-
Featured1 week agoOsun Decides: Security tightened as millions prepare to choose next governor


